What information we collect
We will collect the following information about you:
- Identification information such as your name, your email address, date of birth, and gender.
- Log-in details such as your username and password.
- Contact details, such as your home and shipping address, and phone number.
- Payment and other financial information, such as your credit card information, gift card number.
- Transaction information, such as your order number, total amount payable, and transaction history.
- Electronic identifiers such as your IP address, and your browsing behavior. This includes information about your browser type and version, time zone setting, operating system and platform and usage information. These identifiers on their own do not always amount to personal data, but may do so when combined.
There are many ways that PantherShieldz obtains both personal information and non-personal information from you: (1) via signup on or when you visit any PantherShieldz website(s); (2) from an online, email, fax, or telephone purchase; (3) from navigational information about where visitors go on our website; (4) when you enter a PantherShieldz sweepstakes/giveaway; (5) anytime you submit a business reply, product, or warranty card; (6) upon contacting customer service to request PantherShieldz communications; and (7) upon signing up at an event. If you contact our customer service department, you will need to provide us with additional information so that we can respond to your questions or concerns as completely and thoroughly as possible.
How we use your information
We use the following information for of the following purposes:
- Identification, contact and payment information to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to quickly process your transactions. We process such information to perform our contract with you.
- Electronic identifiers to personalise your site experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested. We process such information based on our legitimate interest to provide effective services and useful content to you.
- Identification and contact information to allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests. We process such information to perform our contract with you.
- Identification, log-in and contact information to administer our site and for internal operations, including contests sweepstakes, surveys. We process such information based on our legitimate interest to provide useful content to you.
- Electronic identifiers for the purpose of troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical purposes or other site or application features. We process such personal data based on our legitimate interest to provide effective services and useful content to you, and to ensure our website is safe and secure.
- Identification and contact information to notify you about changes to our services. We process such information to perform our contract with you.
- Identification and contact details for customer service purposes, such as following up on customers who have not checked out their abandoned shopping carts or to see if there was a problem with their use of the site. We process such information based on our legitimate interest to provide effective services and useful content to you.
- If you have agreed to receive our electronic newsletter, we will process your contact information send you periodic electronic notices, and for the processing of this data, we rely on your consent. If you would no longer like to receive promotional e-mails or electronic notices from us, please refer to the “How can you opt-out, remove or modify information you have provided to us” section below. If you have not opted in to receive electronic newsletters, you will not receive these electronic communications. Visitors who register or participate in other site or application features such as marketing programs and ‘members-only’ content will be given a choice whether they would like to be on our electronic communications list and receive electronic communications from us.
Sharing information with third parties
We share your information with selected recipients:
- We are part of a larger company and we will share your personal information with the members of our group, including PantherShieldz Inc. which is based in the United States, because we rely on them to provide us with various services, including data storage and other information technology services, as well as assisting us with fulfilling your order (e.g. for the purpose of tracking sales).
- We engage third parties to perform services in connection with the operation of our business. Examples of these services include payment processing and authorization, fraud protection and credit risk reduction, product customisation, order fulfilment and shipping, marketing and promotional material distribution, website evaluation, data analysis and, where applicable, data cleansing. We need to share personal information with these third parties so that they can perform these services, however, we limit the personal information that we give to them and authorise them to use this information only for the purpose of performing those services.
- In proceeding with your online credit card order, both your name and address and those of the delivery name and address (if different) will be checked using third parties.
- We share aggregated demographic information about our user base with our agents, including agencies or third-party vendors so that they can provide marketing analysis and consult on advertising strategies. This information does not identify individual users. We also share non-personal information, such as the number of users who visited the website during a specific time period or who purchased a specific product through the website, with our marketing partners, advertisers and others from time to time. This information generally is shared in an aggregated form.
- We release your information to law enforcement agencies, public authorities or other organisations if we believe in good faith that: (1) the law or legal process requires it; (2) such disclosure is necessary for the detection, prevention or to otherwise address security, fraud or technical issues; (3) if we have received a valid administrative request from a law enforcement agency, or (4) we need to protect our rights, property or safety, that of our users, a third party or the public as required or permitted by law (exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction).
- As with any business, it is possible that as our business develops, we might go through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, sale of all or a portion of our assets or buying online stores or other assets. In such transactions, information about customers will likely be transferred.
- The data that we collect from you will be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It will also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. Where a transfer of information involves a transfer outside the EEA, such information will be transferred to, and stored at/processed in the United States by our affiliates or service providers we rely on to provide you with our goods and services, under the Commission’s model contracts for the transfer of personal data to third countries (i.e., the standard contractual clauses), pursuant to Decision 2010/87/EU.
How long we store your information
We will retain your information for as long as we are required by law to do so, and more in particular as follows:
- If you have an account with us, and use these to make orders, for 7 years after your last purchase; and
How we protect your information
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personally identifiable information. Your personally identifiable information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. When you place orders or access your personally identifiable information, we offer the use of a secure server. All sensitive/credit information you supply is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. We do not store any credit card or payment information.
While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personally identifiable information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or receive from us. You can help protect your information by creating a strong password to access your online account and by accessing your account only through a personal computer or device, as opposed to public computers or means.
How to opt-out, remove or modify information provided to us
To modify your email subscriptions, you will need to unsubscribe from the bottom of the email or contact customer service. Due to email production schedules you may receive emails or electronic notices already in production. To delete your online account information from our database, submit a Data Deletion Request. Please note that we sometimes maintain information about an individual sales transaction in order to service that transaction and for record keeping.